12.17.2007

My Schmoobliedoos is sick :(

I was awakened (awoken?) at 4 o'clock this morning by a moaning and groaning Scott telling me that he didn't feel very good. I, being the heartless and insensitive girlfriend, figured he was being an overly dramatic baby and waited for him to fall asleep and be quiet. However, the sudden leap out of bed and dash to the nearest garbage can followed 1.5 seconds later by the sounds of his innards (at least that's what it sounded like) being violently vomited out of his skull was enough to convince me that he really did not feel very good. Poor thing. And it pretty much continued that way for the next several hours.

After making a morning trip to Rite-Aid for some Gatorade and Saltines, I squeezed in one hour of sleep (in which I dreamt that Scott's vomit was in the bathtub and I was distressed because I had to take a shower before work) and went off to work. On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store to buy some ingredients for lugaw, which is the Filipino equivalent of the Chinese congee -- a rice porridge dish that has garlic, ginger, chicken, etc. -- and is definitely the feel-better, comfort food in Asian cultures. My parents used to make it all the time when we were growing up, and I'm hoping it helps Scott.

I, meanwhile, feel fine. On the chance that he's got a stomach flu rather than food poisoning (which is likely, since the vomiting has stopped, but he is still very weak and has been asleep all day), I am taking ridiculous amounts of Ester-C and drinking home-brewed tea from ginger pieces the size of my head. I absolutely cannot get sick three days before flying home for Christmas!! Especially since I have written out approximately zero out of an estimated 20 Christmas cards, and have finished only 22% percent of my Christmas shopping. Plus, I have to find a way to squeeze in 2 more full days of work, pack my suitcase, teach 2 clarinet lessons and cook/bake some goodies to bring in for our office Christmas party before 5pm on Wednesday. Yeesh. I absolutely luuuurve the Holidays, as you well know, but if someone can find a way to enjoy this time of year without the added stress and anxiety, then I'd love it that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment