12.09.2007

Poop.

It's 11am on Sunday morning, there is a light flurry of snow falling outside, I've just woken up, put a fresh pot of coffee brewing in the kitchen (which I will make sure to not mix any rank cream in, thank you very much), and have completed my morning BM. Aaaah, 'tis a good morning. I was praying to the BM angels last night that it would happen since, as I had mentioned before, we will be venturing out for another Salty's brunch buffet adventure in a couple of hours and this morning - erm - "cleansing" ensures an ever-more-satisfying visit to the Greatest Buffet In The Entire Universe. Life is pretty sweet.

Also, we went and saw "The Golden Compass" last night. Verdict? (cue trombones) Wah wah waaaah. Wow. Yeah, neither of us had ever read the book. I had no idea this movie, let alone the book, even existed two weeks ago. But still. I mean, this movie had so much promise. Hottie 007, Saruman and Gandalf, and hello?! Giant freaking polar bears! Ugh. But no dice. The flow of the screenplay was all over the place. It was like if they had tried to make a movie of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in 90 minutes. It's going to skip all over the place and leave a bunch of stuff out (I'm assuming that's what happened with this movie, since every scene change seemed like a giant leap out of nowhere...). Also, Lyra was like 12 years old and already had bad coffee-stained teeth. Geez. Anyway, the polar bear fight near the end of the movie was pretty cool. I can say that much.

Ok, off to shower and then mentally prepare for the feasting! Huzzah!

***UPDATE***

Back from 2 hours at the buffet. We each had at least 3 plates. Actually, I'm almost certain I had 4 and Scott had 5...but after a while the ridiculous number of calories just kind of seeps into your brain and your memory becomes handicapped. What a glorious way to spend an afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. I have "discovered" a new drink that you should try. Peppermint/toasted marshmellow/eggnog latte. Or mocha if you want to be really daring. Just make sure you drink it before it gets cold cause warm is the way to go with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read the book, I will agree that that movie was REALLY confusing. And I knew what was going on, for the most part. But yet, I liked it.

    My point is, go read those books immediately! The second one is way better than the first, and the third blows both of them out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I was really hoping the movie would be LOTR-great, but I had a feeling it would suck. This is one of the few times I'm not delighting in being right. :|

    ReplyDelete