12.15.2010

Almost as entertaining as when a student wrote an essay on music being "an ever-rolling ball of phonation."

My Introduction to Music Literature for non-majors class had their final exam this morning. Praise Jeebus, hallelujah. My favorite part (besides the part about me not having to teach that class anymore) was when a student (this student) turned in an extra credit essay in which she stated, "{Beethoven} is a very talented composer and if he were alive today I think his genre of music would be Death Metal, because how he directs, he be shaking his head, and putting action behind what he does." Yup.

Also, directly after the exam I raced back home to pick BB up so that I could get her to PETCO in time for her salon appointment. Conveniently, her vet is right next door to the store and we popped in there for a minute so I could ask them to take a look at her spay stitches and make sure everything was healing up nicely. Although there was just a bit of crusting over where there were just a couple stitches left that hadn't fallen out yet, they gave her a thumbs up and said that she was good to go for her grooming. But then when I went to PETCO, they refused to groom her until all the crusties and stitches were gone and she was totally healed. Sad face. So I went to CVS to pick up a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to help clean out the suture. Bleh.

Anyway, then we returned home whereupon I attempted to at least trim BB's face fur myself. Ten minutes of screaming and strangle-holding and near-poking-of-BB's-shiny-eyes later...yeah, it wasn't happening. I guess I'll just have to be content with just giving her a bath myself and accepting the hot mess of a crazy furball that she is right now.


ps. Schmoobs left this morning for this annual nerdfest. He comes back on Saturday...and then it's off to California for us on Monday! Wheeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment