12.09.2010

Randomses.

My Ear Training classes took their final dictation exam today (one less thing for me to do during Finals Week next week - i.e. "pre-vacation" haha!). At two minutes after the official beginning of classtime, I told the class, "Alright, everyone who's here right now - go ahead and write '+2' at the top of your paper." Extra credit points for being on time! On the flip side, two freshman girls waltzed in five minutes later, after I had already finished playing the first four interval examples. Halfway through the class, one of them raised their hand:

Student: "Um, are you going to go back at the end and repeat the first part of the test?"
Me: "Nope."
Student: "But we weren't here for the first part!"
Me: "I know."
Student: "Oh." ...*pouty face*

***

Day two of Operation: Anti-Bloat Face and things are going well. Last night for dinner, I had some Vietnamese Bo Kho (YUM) and a glass of coconut juice. This morning, I forewent* my Star*ucks Grande Soy Caramel Brulee Latte and instead had a mug of office coffee (black) and for lunch I fixed myself a simple turkey sandwich on wheat. And now I'm starting to feel peckish again, so I may have a bowl of split pea soup. Did you hear that, Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets meal?? I don't need you!!11!! (Waaah! My loins ache for you!)

***

I was tidying up the condo just now and was the cause of an unfortunate run-in with the vacuum cleaner and our Christmas tree skirt. RIP red glass ornament and red star tree topper :(


* Seriously, what is the past tense of 'forego'?

No comments:

Post a Comment