5.25.2011

Blogaday Seven: "Happy 2nd Anniversary Of My 29th Birthday To Me!"

So all I was planning on posting yesterday was a pic I snapped while I was Facebooking yesterday morning, because: 

1) I have recently become consumed with the idea that, with my rapidly increasing old age, I need to start actually spending more than my usual allotted ten minutes on hair (comb + ponytail) and makeup (powder + mascara + chapstick) in order to maintain some semblance of youthful attractiveness. Next stop: Botox! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

2) I was totally going to the bathroom.

Guess what was happening underneath this picture? Daffodils and rainbows were coming out my butt, that's what. At least according to Schmoobliebutt  Schmoobliebuns  Schmoobliedoos  Schmoobles. Did I just cross the line? Whatever. Anyway, see, here is my problem with wearing makeup: in the above picture, I am wearing THREE different shades and layers of eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Can you see any of it? NO. I mean, you would be able to tell a slight difference if I were to do a side-by-side, but at the end of the day, any more eye makeup than this and I look like a prostitution whore. So I like the enhanced natural look that increased eye makeup gives me, but do I want to spend fifteen minutes doing it every morning for such a subtle improvement? Meh. But I'm totally vain, so I guess I'll try. And don't even get me started on the hair. 

Also: Even when having a BM I look annoyed.


But then the tornado warnings started coming in as the sun was setting and instead of hunkering down in the bathtub with the Beebla and my iPhone like a good little South expat, I decided to stand by our entire wall of glass windows and snap pictures instead. Both our bathtubs have glass doors anyway, so it's not like that would have been much safer. Also: I'm not a total dumb dumb - any potential tornadoes were forecast to pass by us just a few miles West. 

On the horizon is Hwy 30 - a bridge across the big lake that leads West to Dallas. You can see the ginormous black storm cloud coming in from that direction carrying all the potential tornado activity. 

Getting more purple...

Do you know how many pictures I snapped trying to catch a lightning strike in the lens?! A BILLION. 

999,999,999,990 unsuccessful pictures later...

I love this. Bela was planted at the window, keeping an eye on the incoming storm and ready to lay the smackdown if needed. That's a good President of the Finer Things Club!

This was a pic one of my students posted on her Facebook. This is what hail looks like in Texas. WTF!

Gettin' darker...

The lightning was crack-a-lackin'!

I actually snapped this JUST as a huge lightning strike hit off camera, so everything was illuminated.

This is what it normally would have looked like...

...GOTCHA!


Oh. And then the power, cable and internet started going in and out, so I decided it would be a great idea  to pour a nip of whiskey and set up shop with the laptop camera.





Also: My descent into madness has clearly begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment