6.07.2005

A reprimand for all of you >:(

Ok, first of all let me just clarify that I -- immediately after beginning this site -- changed the settings to accept comments from both registered and unregistered visitors. This being said, I expect to find waaay more comments (i.e. more than zero) appearing on my posts henceforth. This is assuming, of course, that this was the only reason my millions of loyal readers were not leaving their comments and not because my blog is not receiving any visitors. Because the latter would be completely unacceptable. (ps. That penultimate sentence contained 3 instances of the word "not" which I apologize for.)

* Deep breath *

Ok, now that that ugly business has been taken care of, I can get on with my actual entry du jour. Today, I had a lunch date with Ben at the Mandarin House over by West Town. We like to go there because it is relatively cheap and offers a mighty array of overly fatty, battered and deep fried Chinese food that leaves me wanting to take a shower immediately after eating. Plus, their fortune cookie fortunes are alarmingly bad. Also, every time I go in there there's this one Chinese lady -- the hostess, I suppose -- who always says hi to me and gives me that "I'm Asian and so are you! What are you doing in Tennessee?" smile. You know what I'm talking about. If you're Asian. Today, she finally came up to me and asked me where I was from. Unfortunately, she asked me that question right at the same instant that our waiter came over to ask what we wanted to drink and right when I answered a call from Scott on my phone. So I had to be unintentionally rude to Scott and leave him hanging on the line as I spoke to my two fellow Asians for a few seconds. I guess the lesson of this little encounter was that, when under pressure, the Asian card trumps the boyfriend card. Sorry, Scott!

Anyway, after lunch I went and did a massive amount of laundry and went to Target... again. Pretty exciting day for me.


Good things about Ysabel's day:

1. Midol. Wonder of wonders! Miracle of miracles!

2. The laundry that has been sitting in the trunk of my car for weeks has finally been done. Hurray for me! I can look cute again.

3. The A/C at Scott's has been fixed! It is no longer hell-on-Earth. Huzzah!


Bad things about Ysabel's day:

1. I need Midol today. Ugh.

2. The laundromat on Gleason Drive: $1.50 per wash and $.25 for every 6 minutes on the dryer??!! What, I have money coming out of my ears? Unacceptable! I went there only because it was convenient to Mandarin House and Target.

3. Forgetting to mail off my thank-you card to my Uncle Gil for sending me a graduation card and some grad $$. The thank-you card been sitting in my purse for several days now. I feel especially bad since I have already cashed the check and spent the money (at Target, of course). Tomorrow! I swear!

4. I thought I had figured out the whole HTML thing, but I still don't have the appropriate links on my sidebar. Gah!

5. The A/C at Scott's place has been fixed. It is now a very pleasant and agreeable temperature. I no longer have an excuse for not practicing.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ysabel. I'm leaving a comment. Yay!

    CNY is boring. I miss Knoxville. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, come back to K-town! You know you want to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is completely unreasonable pricing for laundry. I would riot. (And yay for your links.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that last one Sarah Latanyshyn or Sarah Pilat? I can usually tell by the comment, but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ysabel, *pointing* BE COOL....*walking toward the couch*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for bringing up that wonderful memory... Update your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete