6.19.2005

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my dad and all the other wonderful fathers out there! Yayy! I'm sure my father is enjoying this day, spending it in peace and quiet, and maybe doing some gardening out in the backyard. I'm sad that I don't get to celebrate with my parents and siblings at home in beautiful northern California, but hopefully I will be able to visit at some point within the next couple of months.

Also, yesterday was Tiffany and Daniel's wedding. It was beautiful! I had a good time celebrating with Ben, Josh, Jim, April, Jeremiah, Elizabeth and Aaron. Here are some pictures. My indestructible cough is in full-force today so I have no energy to write any more (I am way sick of this cough. It is not fun. I do not think it is fair that I should suffer from consumption, as I am neither: a) living in the 19th century, b) the heroine in a tragic Bronte novel, nor c) appearing in a Merchant-Ivory film starring Helena Bonham Carter). Anyway, maybe I will be in the mood to write more later... Once I get this damned phlegm and mucus out of my system I will be in a much more pleasant mood! Oh, and by the way, due to my lack of computer skills, it took me forever to figure out how to post these pictures in the proper fashion. I am so glad it's done. Enjoy!



Newlyweds! Tiffany & Daniel
While T & D were making their way down the aisle, my companions and I spent an embarassingly long time trying to figure out the name of the piece of music that was playing. Some of our guesses were "The Messiah" and something by Vivaldi. And then I finally figured out that it was from Handel's "Water Music." I got it right because I have my Master's degree and now know everything. Obviously. But the fact that it took me longer than 2 seconds to figure out the answer is unacceptable. I am ashamed for myself and offer my apologies to my old musicology teacher, George Nemeth.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, pictures! I wish I could have been there. God, I just suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, another reason you need to be back in Knoxville :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you sure your chronic cough isn't due to asthma again? I thought you finally got that diagnosed! Allegra and Tylenol won't do a thing if it's asthma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've been using my inhaler, too... it helps but not longterm.

    ReplyDelete