6.21.2005

Holy Moses!

Countdown to Tokyo: T minus 28 days

Get ready for this, people: I got a call from the executive director of the Knoxville Symphony today... I have an interview for the Director of Operations position this Thursday morning!! Hurray! Now I can stop stressing out about whether I will even get a phone call, and start stressing out about the actual interview. Baby steps, baby steps... Apparently, I am going up against several other applicants who have actual experience with the job (whereas I have absolutely none), but I was granted an interview because of all the recommendations I got from various orchestra members. So, I may be the long shot, but I will do the best I can to charm the pants off the guy at my interview :) Wish me luck! First order of business: find my interview outfit! Ha ha. Just kidding... or am I? Second order of business: get rid of this damned cough so I am not a disgusting, phlegmy mess during the interview.

Today, I also got my new contact lenses. This is very exciting for me. Mainly because I have been wearing the same pair for way too long and my eyeballs have been screaming for mercy. Now I can wear a fresh pair and no longer live with the fear of my precious eyeballs falling out, which is never a good thing.

And finally, I would like to announce that it has been 8 days now since my last visit to Target. This is devastating to me - as you all know, I have developed a rather unhealthy dependency on that particular establishment - but I am forcing myself to avoid that place because I: a) need to start saving up my money for Tokyo (...and bills. Ugh.), b) am on a very strict budget until the next payday (which, in my opinion, cannot come soon enough), and c) know myself well enough to accept the fact that if I step one foot inside Target, all my money will instantly vanish into thin air and I will have nothing left to buy gas and groceries for the remainder of the month. To appease my Target withdrawal, however, I would like you all to join me in revisiting, once again, my piece of dream luggage from the Eddie Bauer Tahoe collection. Isn't it fabulous? Can you not see me pulling that beautiful piece of luggage fabulousness through the airport on my upcoming adventure to Japan? Ha! Me too!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! *happy thoughts*

    Hey, if you got that job would it mean you could use your influence to get people onto the sub list? Huh? Huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. If I get the job, I'll do my best to help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the interview! I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete