6.29.2005

No imagination. Time for a list!

I'm sure you have noticed (and in a state of emotional despair because of this...) that I have not posted in a few days. What can I say? I have been in a bit of a dry spell of late. Mainly because I have not had the motivation to sit at the computer and type because I am too busy lazing about on the couch and bemoaning my self-pitious asthma/cough-laden self. But I've decided that this needs to change!! Yes!!! Listen to me as I attempt to force myself into self-motivation through bold CAPITAL LETTERS AND MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

Hahaha. That was fun.

Anyway, seriously, I need to get back in the groove of things, so I have prepared, for your viewing pleasure and my emotional stability, a list of good things about my day today:

1. I vacuumed the apartment today. My old place had wood floors, so I experienced today the sheer joy and satisfaction of those lines left on your carpet after you vacuum. You know what I'm talking about. They're fabulous!

2. This is the second to last day of the month, which means that tomorrow is PAYDAY!! Wheee!

3. I had lunch with my friend Susan and we dropped by J. Crew in the mall, where I found a black suit jacket (in my size!) on sale for way cheaper than the original price. Huzzah! And I have been searching high and low for several years now for a good fitted black suit! Sadly, it's still a bit on the expensive side for my rather thin budget, but I had it put on hold for me so I can sleep on it tonight and decide if I should make the purchase. ...Oh, who am I kidding? Tomorrow is payday. It's all but in my closet already. Oy, I have no self control.

4. We had a quartet rehearsal tonight, which means I played the clarinet today. Go me.

5. Today, Scott flew from Sacramento to Texas, so he is officially on the last of three legs of his 5-week long conducting symposium extravaganza, so he is almost home. Wheee! ...Well, he still has a little over 2 weeks to go, but I'm trying to stay positive here.

I guess that's it for now.

Still no word from Jonathan of the KSO...

5 comments:

  1. Whew... I'm glad you posted. I was getting a little desperate. It's nice to hear that you're still shopping and that all is right with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Scott too. I've been crying at night.... and I'm positive Jim has been too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I'll let him know and he can feel special :) I'm sure Jim has been crying most of all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only Scott will be able to dry these eyes........

    ReplyDelete