6.02.2005

Mission accomplished!!!

Well, I FINALLY got my lazy self to the post office and applied for a US passport. As some of you already know, my ultra-wonderful clarinet quartet is going to Tokyo to play at the International Clarinet Conference (aka: Nerd fest) and I couldn't be more excited! Anyway, I should recieve the passport within six weeks. Incidentally, we leave for Tokyo in six weeks and 3 days! Note to Gary (Sperl): Please don't freak out!! The lady at the passport counter told me not to bother with the expedited process because I didn't need it.

I woke up today with a weird ache in the right side of my throat and behind my right ear. It hurts everytime I swallow. WHERE IS MY MOMMY AND WHY IS SHE NOT HERE MAKING ME CHICKEN SOUP?!! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!! ...Oh yeah, it's because I'm 25 (i.e. a BILLION) years old and live 3,000 miles away from my parents. Blah. I better not be coming down with the flu or something. That would not be cool.

So here is my confession: I have no idea how to add links to other websites/blogs on my site. I check out other people's sites and they all have a fancy link section on their sidebars where they can post all their friends' websites and I can't figure out how to get one of those. I feel retarded. I've tried looking it up on the "Help" section, but it just talks about cutting and pasting and editing a bunch of stuff in HTML and it scares me so I run away and never finish reading about it. Ugh. You would think it would be much simpler than that. I think we learned how to work in HTML in my Comp 25 class at UOP, but -- as I am only slightly ashamed to admit -- I spent the vast majority of those class hours either: A) not in class sleeping B) not in class eating C) in class sleeping or D) not in class practicing (this last one was only in my fantasy make-believe world, but I put it in anyway). I remember vaguely learning about Power Point and Excel. But that's it. Oh, and I also built a personal website that kicked ass. But seriously, someone needs to teach me how to do it so I can add some blogs, such as Sarah's (previously mentioned), Elizabeth's and Robyn's. If I'm feeling extra generous I may even list Jim's, even though I just noticed today that the title for the link to my blog from his site is entitled "What the world looks like at 4 feet tall." Ha ha ha. We are not amused, Jim Bob. For your information, I am a gigantic 5 feet to 5 feet, 2 inches tall (depending on which of my forms of ID you choose to inquire). Just because I'm dating your boyfriend, doesn't mean you have to make it personal, Jim. Especially when I have no game hump (don't ask) with which to defend myself...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I actually went to that class but still don't know how to do what you're talking about. Of course, this from the girl who never updates her links page and has no about me bit written.

    I have a feeling the answer is really, really easy. My blog's just laid out weirdly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha- Nerd Fest. I love it. Oh yeah, and I told Jim the name for your link was mean but he didn't seem to get it. I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the effort, Elizabeth :) I know it's because he's bitter that I'm in the way of his fantasy boyfriend.

    Sarah: Ah, Comp 25...good times. Only, not really. At least you didn't get a C. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, don't hate on the game hump :-P

    ReplyDelete