6.12.2005

One is the loneliest number...

Utter devastation! Heart ripped to pieces! Oh, woe is me!! ...Scott left early this morning (well, more on that in a second...) for his one-month whirl-wind tour of conducting symposiums. I was up until about 3am then woke up at about 5:30 to take him to the airport. His original flight to Denver was supposed to leave at 7am, but his flight was cancelled and the next flight he was able to take wasn't until 5pm this afternoon... Ah, airline travel. Always an endless source of joy. Anyway, hopefully the next several weeks will go by quickly and that he has a fun and successful trip.

On a less depressing note: the much-anticipated Tokyo trip with my clarinet quartet is coming up very soon! Wheeeeee!! I can't wait. I am even more excited now since, during my last excursion to Target, I happened upon a piece of Eddie Bauer luggage that I am now determined to have for the trip. It's a green and gray rolling duffel and it is beautiful. We wants it! My precioussss...

And on an even happier note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my younger brother, Jaime!! He is 24 today and is living it up in Costa Rica this month (quite a way to spend your birthday, I'd say...) as his graduation present. When he gets back, I will see to it that he puts his computer engineering skillz to work right away and land a job in the Silicon Valley or something so that I can set up an account at the Bank of Younger Brother (my account at the Bank of Mom and Dad is nearing cancellation, I fear...). Ha! That's all for now, I think. Time to go back to my state of self-pity and complete and total devastation... Time for some Food Network therapy! Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Bank of Mom and Dad! That must be right next door to the Bank of Dad, where I have an account.

    By the way, it is absolutely mandatory that I get a postcard from Japan!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! You never told me you had your own blog as well... or maybe you did. I'm confused. Now I must add you to my links. Wheee!

    ReplyDelete