6.15.2005

Tomorrow, the healthy eating begins...

It is nearly midnight and I just came home after joining April for an IHOP run...hrrrllgh. That was the sound of me almost vomiting after eating the following, in its entirety: pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, sausage and bacon, hashbrowns, eggs and grits, with orange juice and coffee to wash it all down. Can I just say that April only had toast, eggs, grits and juice? Damn you, April! To appease my overwhelming sense of guilt and remorse, as well as to soothe my aching arteries, I have vowed to begin eating healthy starting tomorrow!!! In fact, I stopped by a produce stand this afternoon (perhaps my heightened senses somehow knew that I would be abusing my health later this evening...) and bought a bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Tomorrow I should have a day of cleansing and just drink a lot of water and eat lots of good produce... The only problem with that is that I know there is a tupperware of bacon and a carton of eggs waiting, lurking for me in the fridge, as well as a few things of Ramen on the countertop. I think probably after 45 minutes of eating apples, nectarines and carrots, I will hear the evil voices calling from the kitchen: Ysabel!!! Eat us! We are savory and delicious!! And then I will succumb to their evil bidding. Agh. But I will resist as long as I can.

My younger brother, Jaime, sent the fam another email update on his wild adventures in South America. Today's was not such a happy story, as the room he and his friend, Jeff, were staying in was broken into while they were out and a bunch of their belongings were stolen. This blows hard! Jaime: if I were you, I would blame Jeff for the incident since he is the less pigmentally-advanced of the two and was the obvious target - unlike you, who, like myself, carries a fabulous natural tan and can easily blend in with the Latin folk. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. I guess I should be nice to Jeff since a dog tried to eat his leg the other day or something. Anyway, luckily, he said most of the stolen items were replacable, so hopefully the rest of their vacation will not be too dampered. Anyway, what's a South American adventure without a good old fashioned tourist-pillaging story to go along with it, eh?

It is now time for me to succumb to my food coma and lay on the couch and watch bad tv. Hurray!

ps. I plan on practicing tomorrow.

pps. Ugh, are you familiar with those ridiculous online quizzes that are completely meaningless, but totally addictive if you have no self control?... Hey, I'm not perfect, but my results are not as bad as anticipated...








Your Deadly Sins



Envy: 40%

Sloth: 40%

Greed: 20%

Gluttony: 0%

Lust: 0%

Pride: 0%

Wrath: 0%

Chance You'll Go to Hell: 14%

You will die a boring death. While dying, you will be jealous of those who die dramatic deaths.



Also:
You Were Actually Born Under:
Full of spunk, you are the original party animal.
You bring fun, activity, and stimulation to any event.
Self-control is not one of your strong points; you have been known to over indulge.
Cheerful and energetic, you can turn the most boring thing into something fun.

You are most compatible with a Rat or Dragon.
You Should Have Been Born Under:

Your most comfortable inside your head - and often daydream the day away.
You have an artistic temperament that makes you seem creative to some, eccentric to others.
You avoid conflict at all costs, and you have a difficult time with relationships.
Attractive and with good manners, you tend to shine in social situations.

You are most compatible with a Pig or Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment