7.06.2006

I can see right up them shawts.

Well, the verdict is in: And it is an apparent muscle strain in my left shoulder. Hmph. Or as my doctor put it yesterday, "Weeell, I really don't know what to tell you..." To which I replied, "Weeeell, you better tell me because I just paid $30 of my hard-earned money, plus $2 in parking, all of which could have been put to better use buying Ysabel approximately 10 iced chai lattes from Star*ucks, so that you could tell me why my shoulder has been hurting for 2 months." Ok, didn't really say that.
My doctor was actually pretty cool. He said I had strained my rotator cuff muscles, and that the pain won't go away because I keep re-aggravating it (Hmmm...8 hours of stuffing envelopes last Friday, anyone??). Anyway, his magical elixir? Ibuprofen. Bah. I thought he'd have a better wonderdrug than that. Oh well. Oh, and he also told me to stop doing whatever it is I'm doing whenever I feel my shoulder getting sore again. I wonder how Crazy Lunatic Supervisor will take to that news. "What's that you say? You need these 800 envelopes stuffed and ready to mail in 2 hours? Oooooh, my aching shoulderrrrr...." Hahahahaha. Victory is mine!
***
In other news, I am the only one working in the office at the moment because everybody else is in the Conference Room having our weekly meeting and I had to stay out here and field phone calls, my specialty. Our Chamber Series mailing went out earlier this week and Crazy Lunatic Supervisor didn't want to miss any phone calls from our Chamber subscribers. Incidentally, I have been sitting here for the past hour and have answered not one phone inquiry about our Chamber Series. Ha. Whatevs. This irks me only because I saw Bossman #2 carry three boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, one box of Panera bagels and loads of orange juice and coffee for the meeting. And I'm not currently in there eating any of it.
...Well, okay I did grab one delicious donut before the meeting started, but I'm ready for seconds. And when I did run in there to grab my delicious donut, they all started talking about how next week is my last week and how they are all frozen with devastation and that this organization is going to instantly crumble onto itself the moment I depart. Hahaha. Ok, not really, but Bossman #2 did say again how much I am going to be missed.
Awww.
I have to say, I am starting to get kind of sad, because - Crazy Lunatic Supervisor and Angry Rich Old Patrons aside - this job is pretty awesome. But, as with everything in life: On to the next, I say!
***
And because your life is not complete until you've seen this clip from Family Guy:



Scott loves this video more than he loves me. And I can't say I really blame him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment