7.03.2006

2 week countdown!

Today marks the beginning of my final two weeks here in the office. In honor of some pre-emptive celebrating, I went out briefly last night and had dinner with Richard and Josh at Chesapeake's restaurant downtown. This was also to help reassure myself, that I am in fact 26 years old and not 40, as I am more apt to behave, and that I can still go out past 10 o'clock at night even though I have (gasp!) to get up for work the next morning. Anyway, it was muy delicioso. Especially the bottle of wine that Richard so nicely bought for us to share. Hurray Richard!

And theeen, I went and joined up with Heather and TJ at Agave Azul (i.e. The beloved place of my 25th birthday dinner food fight and home to the giant head-sized margaritas) where I had one (normal-sized, thank you very much...I'm getting old) margarita and a helping of flan. Or as I nicknamed it last night: "Caramelized egg yolks on a plate." Mmmmm...artery-clogging deliciousness. I think I may have permanently traumatized Heather when I told her that I used to make flan when I was but a wee little girl and, sadly, much more domestic than I am now and the recipe pretty much consists of egg yolks, sugar and cream. Except I just now Googled flan recipes and see that it calls for whole eggs, not just egg yolks. Hm. I must not have remembered correctly. Whatevs.

Anyway, I got in to work this morning to find Crazy Lunatic Supervisor freaking out over something or other and my night of fun and friends last night became naught but a distant memory. Ah well, only two more weeks of this and I'm home free. And by "home free," I mean "unemployed and well on my way to becoming destitute and groveling at the doors of Star*ucks begging for a job again." Waaaaah.

But at least I'll be a West Coast destitute next time around.

***

Update: Oh, and lest I allow myself to think that I'll miss this job once I'm gone...


At the meeting I just came back from regarding tomorrow's 4th of July concert:

Marketing Director: "Ok, so Education and Outreach Director, Intern and I will be handing out information on the Family Series, Communications Director will be backstage with the television crew, and Favorite Cool Co-worker and Annual Funds Manager will be directing people in the parking lot. Everyone else will be out in the audience handing out programs and brochures."

Telefund Manager: "Do we have any assigned locations or anything?"

Communications Manager: "Not that I know of. Ysabel, can you be in charge of that since you set up the itinerary for tomorrow night?"

Me: "Sure."

Communications Manager: "I'll just put the boxes of programs at the side of the stage, and you can delegate people and tell them where to go."

Me: "That should be fine..."

Crazy Lunatic Supervisor: "WELL, YOU BETTER HAND OUT PROGRAMS TOO. YOU CAN'T JUST STAND THERE BY THE BOXES."

* Silence as Communications Manager, Marketing Director and I all look at each other in amazement. *

Me: (Turns to look straight at Crazy Lunatic Supervisor) "Uh, don't worry. I'm going to be working."

* Communications Manager and Marketing Director giggle under their breath. *


Ok, I will miss this job quite a bit, but definitely not one certain wretched individual. Oh, Crazy Lunatic Supervisor. Whatever alien life-form abducted you last week and replaced you with a nicer, more penitent bizarro-version of yourself clearly got sick and tired of you over the weekend and threw your former unbearable self back into our fold. Damn.

5 comments:

  1. i hope for my sake that it takes you a LONG time to find a job, so we can have fun in san fran... I mean, you owe it to my gayness to take me there! I'm actually thinking of making august my 2006 friends across america tour. maybe visit colby in LA and new orleans!!! debauchery here i come!!!

    daddy1

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys had fun - I'm jealous!
    Argh, I miss NORMAL PEOPLE!!!! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just updated, check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the pictures dahling...your the best.

    ReplyDelete