7.06.2006

Quandary of the day.

So Financial Director aka Anglo-Version of my Father put a note (and in everyone's, I'm assuming) in our boxes detailing our remaining accrued vacation time. According to him, I've got 40.2 hours of vacation time left, plus an additional day for working the July 4th concert.

You all know what I'm getting at here, right?

Do I even dare ask him if I can tack on that vacation time after my last actual work day next week and get an entire week of paid vacation...or will he just roundhouse-kick me then spit on my curled up body as he laughs at the incredulousness of my request? On the one hand, if this is a pretty rotten and immoral thing to do, I don't want to get laughed at. Or talked about behind my back. Or roundhouse-kicked in the face. But on the other hand, one week's pay for doing nothing? And I'm technically entitled to it, am I not? Hard-earned money is great, but un-earned money is even better.

Ack, help.

ps. I've eaten nothing today but three Krispy Kreme donuts (one regular iced, 2 chocolate iced, mmmm...) and a Panera bagel. Leftovers from this morning's meeting. I may have to eat a bushel of fresh produce and wash it down with 2 gallons of water to rid my body of the evil now lurking inside it. ...Or I could go back to the Conference Room and grab another donut.

5 comments:

  1. umm, it is not 'unearned money' if it is part of your earned salary. if you earned the extra time by not being a whiney ass and taking off all the time, it's your money. i wouldn't be suprised if he were already planning to give it to you anyway. haha, i said give it to you! ;-)

    b gizzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, remaining vacation is paid out to the employee when they terminate employment. It's sick time that you lose at the end of employment. So it won't be incredulous of you to ask what will happen to your unused vacation hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are entitled to it anyway! Good luck! (0:

    Glad the shoulder thing isn't more serious - hope it feels better soon!!

    I wish I lived in Knoxville, I would beg for your job!! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say try it, ask him and see what happens. I mean, hey, you're leaving anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would give it a shot...at least you should ask what will happen to the time if you don't use it.

    ReplyDelete