7.05.2006

Office cake!

The lacking of the sleep is back in full force. Hence, I may stop writing in full and/or coherent sentences mid-way through this post...

I worked the annual 4th of July concert at World's Fair Park last night. It was actually pretty fun. The first couple of hours was spent just mingling through the massive crowd and bullying people into taking concert programs. I'm pretty sure I ended up asking the same people at least 3 times during the course of the evening if they would like a program. This was evidenced by the increasingly hostile glares I received upon approaching each group of people. Once the concert started, though, we were able to just kick back and enjoy the concert. And the fireworks... Man, the fireworks! I have to say, if there's one thing Southerners do right, it's blowing sh*t up!! By the finale of the fireworks display, it got so bright I literally couldn't even look straight into the sky anymore. Awesome.

Anyway, after that it was home and bed by shortly before 1am. Which would have been lovely, had it not been followed by 5 hours of lying in bed, completely awake but refusing to open my eyes in an attempt to strong-arm my body into unconsciousness. At least I managed a precious two hours of sleep eventually, before having to roll my half-dead body out of bed and into the office in 30 minutes. Gah.

Oh, and I do have to mention this...

On my office voicemail from 9:28pm last night:

Drunken old boozer at the concert: "HEY. Tellll the Meeestro that the lady in the blue dress completellly busshered our National Anthem: Rocky Top!! She shunt even be allowed to HUM that song ever AGAIN. Thisss from the Tellico Village Yachhht Club."

*Other drunken old boozers giggling in the background*


But, hey. You know what the best remedy is for having to go to work on 2 hours of sleep after working an outdoor concert the night before? 4th of July Mystery Office Carrot Cake, that's what! "Mystery" because Finance Director aka Anglo-Version of my Father was the first in the office this morning and he said the office was already in the kitchen when he got here and nobody else seems to know where it came from. To that, I say: "Who the hell cares?" It's carrot cake and it's delicious. The breakfast of champions.

Also: I've got a doctor's appointment this afternoon for my left shoulder. I am not dreading this appointment as much as my last one, seeing as how I do not anticipate having to sit in a waiting room with any pregnant 12-year olds this time around.

5 comments:

  1. I have the perfect remedy for your sleepy wednesday afternoon...visit me at Starbucks anytime after two.This means before your appt. or after or BOTH. We can exchange drunk fourth of july stories...wait why am I the only one that has drunk stories anymore..you are so slacking on your alchohol intake lady. Come, drink coffee, we'll talk, I need to tell someone my side of the whip cream story!! I am such a lush.
    Heza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drunken whipped cream story??!! I'll be there after my doctor's appointment with bells and whistles on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you ladies are CRAZY! i love it.

    bg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the CSO office for the first time today. Excitement... the first thing I hear in the door is that a viola player is filing a grievance because apparently the entire viola section was given a DIFFERENT arrangement of Stars & Stripes than everyone else... Oops!

    Sounds like symphony work will be exciting!

    Hope the doc's visit goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Miss Steroius How do ahh writin and butt postin really my game, and desiderote amen, """"""
    times six amen

    ReplyDelete