9.12.2010

I'm blogging now because Schmoobs is watching Sunday Night Football on the television and the Niners aren't playing.* Boooooring.

1. I just came back from taking BB outside for her nightly post-dinner walk and she pooped out a turd that was literally the length of my forearm. I am not kidding you. Just be thankful that I spared posting a picture of it. But where did it all come from? It was pretty much the length of her entire torso. Yikes.


2. This had better be one EXCELLENT pair of running socks:



3. Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow? It seems inherently wrong that I should be getting up at 6am five days a week in order to begin teaching classes at a university an hour away by 8am everyday when, not only do I have over two weeks yet until my first paycheck since early August, but I haven't even received my adjunct contract yet, meaning that I have no idea what I'm even getting paid. Blergh. I sort of had an emotional breakdown about that this morning, and sweet lovable Schmoobins took me out to lunch and to buy some essentials at Target. This was prompted by his waking up and finding me sulking on the couch:

Schmoobins: "Hon...do you want to do something today? Maybe go see a movie and go get some food?"

Ys: "I. CAN'T. SPEND. ANY. MONEY." *shrieks like a howler monkey*


4. Would it be so terrible of me to apply for the Ph.D program in Musicology at the University of Hawaii? So what if I just want an excuse to run away to Hawaii and eat shaved ice and become a surfer groupie? I mean, I'd find some time to study and research and write, I'm sure. Like when I'm not crashing luaus and reenacting scenes from LOST with my digital camera?


5. I'm SO not one to "like" things on Facebook except the occasional friend's entertaining status update, but one of my friends liked this, and it totally made me Laught Out Loud:



* They played earlier and it wasn't pretty. Let us not speak about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment