9.09.2010

Sippin' on gin and...snap peas?

So I am sitting here doing everything I possibly can to delay writing up a Theory I test for tomorrow morning and, instead, am reading one of my favorite blogs - in particular, his recent post about the Snap-Pea-Irinha cocktail (note to self: MUST TRY) and it made me think about the fact that I totally succeeded in educating two of my fellow Brevardians this summer on the joys of a good gin and tonic. Dan was one of them, and the other was Ryan, one of our RAs. Both had had previous experiences drinking gin and tonics but, clearly as those were not mixed masterfully by yours truly, they did not enjoy the drink at all and had developed an unfortunate aversion to the liquor. In my experience, most people that do not like gin reference that biting "pine cone" taste that comes courtesy of the juniper base. However, this is probably due to the usage of 1) bad gin, or 2) improperly mixed gin cocktails.

So I proceeded to insist upon both of them that I knew how to mix a delicious gin and tonic - healthy serving of ice, one part gin to two parts tonic, don't skimp on the lime juice - and, lo and behold, after the first sip they were both reformed. Ta daa! I am awesome.

Also: If you like gin, go do yourself a favor and locate and purchase a bottle of Boodles gin. It's smooth and dreamy.

Also: This reminds me that I never did get around to posting those final Brevard pictures. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment