9.03.2010

Frosty Fail.

All week I've been craving some sort of milkshake-ish product to pour down my throat. It probably had something to do with needing something to drown the maniacal terror of teaching a 6th grade beginning clarinet masterclass everyday for the past week.* Anyway. I had it deeply implanted in the dark recesses of my brain that Wendy's Frostys were magically dairy-free and, instead, some weirdo technological feat of chemical lab-creationism and I thought, "Perfect!" I don't know why I thought that. I think I thought that somebody told me? Or that I read it somewhere? Or that my dairy-deprived soul wanted ice cream so much that it completely fabricated that whole lie in my head? Regardless, I drove through a Wendy's ...drive thru (duh) on my way to the masterclass on Wednesday and got myself a delicious chocolate Frosty and drank that whole mofo down like nobody's business.

And then later that night my tummy started feeling funny.

And then when I woke up the next morning it felt even worse.

And then when I got to work at 8am (barf) I was thiiis close to cancelling my classes that day because all I wanted to do was go back home, hug a toilet for about two hours and then lie in bed in a fetal position crying dairy-free tears.

But I plodded through all my classes and when I got back home, I spent the requisite amount of time in the Little Adjunct Music Instructor's Room and then I went to the couch and Googled "Wendy's Frosty ingredients" on my laptop:


Awesome.

So, in case you missed that, the VERY FIRST ingredient is:


And then a few ingredients later, there's:



And in case I didn't get the clue enough:



* Note: Sixth graders holding clarinets = Blaaaaaaaagh! ....VODKA.

No comments:

Post a Comment