1.18.2011

Oh. Hello 6am.orIs it May yet?

Though I don't have to start teaching until tomorrow*, the first official day of classes for Spring semester was today and I decided to be a good little teacher and make the commute to campus to make literally 1,754 pages of copies of assorted syllabi, schedules and lecture notes/study guides for my classes. As I was getting dressed, I realized that for some effing reason, I had zero work slacks in my closet. None. There were at least four pairs of jeans neatly hanging and about eleventy pairs of sweats and pajamas in the drawers (priorities, anyone?) but no nice dress slacks. Where did they all go? Did they all boycott Texass and fly to the Bahamas until Spring Break? And if so, why in the hell didn't they tell me so I could come along, damnit?

Anyway, since I figured I probably shouldn't show up to work on the first day of the semester in jeans (that will start roughly around week three), I dressed myself in the easiest nice-looking outfit I could put together which was a black turtleneck sweater dress, black tights and black boots. And a black jacket. I threw on my fancy schmancy plaid Burberry scarf just so I didn't look like Morticia Addams. Schmoobs saw me at work and commented that all I needed was a black scarf to complete my all-black funereal look. I told him that since it was my first day back at work, I was mourning my freedom.


* So before Christmas break, I totally convinced our music department head to switch my teaching assignment sections around this semester in such a way that allows me to teach at the university only three days a week instead of five. Woo hoo! Self high five. *clap*

No comments:

Post a Comment