1.05.2011

Operation: Anti-Bloat Face update.

Did you know that it is five days after New Year's and I still haven't had any fast food or soda (except for two sips of Coke last week when I had sushi with Schmoobs, my sister and her family because I am weak)? I am precisely four weeks clean! Go me.

My dear mother has been peer-pressuring me into going to Curves with her. She has been doing really well with her exercise regimen and is becoming noticably svelter (?) by the minute. I, in the meantime, can actually make my lungs seize up just by thinking about working out. However, after putting off our planned Curves field trip last night and then accidentally sleeping through our make-up Curves field trip this morning, I finally went ahead and made myself go on a 30 minute run (...walk...run...walk...walk some more...run for ten seconds...walk the rest of the way) outside in the frigid arctic tundra. Note: when it is 30+ degrees out, a sports bra plus three layers is NOT enough to contain the nipplage. Especially when you are wearing white. Just saying. Also, my chest only closed up once, about halfway through, which is good and I only had to spend about two minutes with a panicked, bug-eyed look along which may or may not have disturbed the drivers going past me on Highway 12. But I'm back home, safe and warm now. *reaches for steaming hot mug of coffee and arsenal of inhalers*

Also, speaking of my mommy, I met her and her friend/coworker Maria for a delicious Puerto Rican lunch yesterday. Sweet fried plantains FTW!

 Chicharron de pollo (that's "fried chicken" to you) and sweet plantains. NOM.

Sweet plantain stuffed with cheese and beef. NOM NOM.

Maria was awesome and reads my blahg (hi Maria!). And then we got coffee. And then we walked by Sift Cupcakes which, I found out an hour later, is going to be featured on the Food Network's Cupcake Wars next week. I kind of wish I hadn't decided to be a good Anti-Bloat Facer then and had a cupcake. Oh well. And then I went "window shopping" where I ended up getting a pair of skinny jeans, marked down from $60 to $2.99 and a cute little black cocktail dress, marked down from $48 to $2.99. Yea boiii!


Anyway, after a very brief 2 day visit back to Santa Rosa, it is back to Sacatomato for me today where I will be reunited with my puppy. Yayyy! BB stayed behind in Sac so as to avoid the nausea and extended wretching that always strike her from carsickness. Luckily, I left her in the loving and smothering good hands of Kat and Vanessa. I wonder if she and Xander are spooning yet? At least they can be in the same room without World War III erupting now.


Also: 4 8 15 16 23 42... 4 8 15 16 23 42... 4 8 15 16 23 42... 4 8 15 16 23 42...

No comments:

Post a Comment