6.30.2006

Here I am again on my o-o-own...

I'm sitting here in the office on my second work Friday in a row. Hmph!

Sadly for you, I don't think I will be replecating my Friday play-by-play from last week because I actually have something substantial to accomplish today. Mainly getting 1.3 trillion sets of mailings stuffed and ready to go for our Chamber Series launch next week. Boooo! But I am currently coping with the situation by eating a gigantic slice of red velvet office cake for breakfast. I could not help it, seeing as how a) I ran out of Wheat Thins yesterday and b) I snooze-buttoned for twenty minutes too long this morning and didn't have time to swing by Star*ucks for a delicious breakfast beverage and oatmeal cookie.

That's all. Perhaps I will check in again later today after I've finished all the mailings. Or maybe in half an hour when I've grown bored with the mailings. Yeah, probably that last one.

***

Oh wait. Also, remember that fun little work assignment Bossman gave me which I had to submit yesterday? He sent me this memo this morning:

"Thank you. Thoughtful comments and quite accurate, in my view."

And so it seems all the years I spent honing my skillz in in high school BS-ing essays have finally paid off. Ha!

***

Update: Ok, I swear I didn't do this on purpose, but it's half an hour later and I'm throwing in the towel on the red velvet office cake. It was just too damned sweet! I quit halfway through and tossed the rest away in the bathroom trashcan. I'm so ashamed of myself. I guess this is just further proof that I really don't belong in the South. Anyway, now I'm trying to figure out how to cleanse my palate of the sickly sweet aftertaste that's lingering. Damn, why did I have to finish off all my Wheat Thins yesterday? My kingdom for some sodium!!! Maybe I'll call up Jimmy John's and order a tuna sandwich or something. Yeah, I bet tuna counteracts red velvet quite nicely. Is 10:45 too early for a tuna sub? Hmm...

***

And another update: Thank you Jesus, the weekend is finally here. Well, in 8 minutes, but who's counting? So remember when I first mentioned the fact that I had seemingly slept wrong on my shoulder and the pain wasn't going away? It was in this post. Well, it's now nearly 2 months later and the pain is still there. And the last 8 hours I spent stuffing those f*ing Chamber Series mailings (i.e. 8 hours of physical repetition...) have not necessarily helped in alleviating the pain. Bah! It's gotten so distracting now, that I've actually resorted to making an actual doctor's appointment. Ugh. I hate doctors appointments. Almost as much as I hate dentist appointments. And unfortunately, with the upcoming holiday, I won't be able to see anybody until next Wednesday at the earliest. Anyway, as the Appointment Coordinator was apologizing to me for having to wait over the weekend, I said, "Well, I've had it for almost two months now, so I think I can wait a few more days." At least I think I can. Ugh, shoulder pain. Not cool.

But in much better news: that last paragraph took me seven minutes to write, which means only thing to me: I'm outta this office!!! Have a great weekend, folks! Sign my guestbook.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the weekend! I LOVE red velvet cake too, but it is definitely too sweet too quickly!
    Have a good one! (0:

    ReplyDelete