11.19.2008

You know those days when you fantasize about picking up your 12-year old clarinet student over your head and throwing them across the room?

No? Oh, okay, well just know that those days are usually a result of having to repeat a reminder to "play C sharp" over and over and over and over again ad nauseam until something (my brain) snaps. A rundown of my responses in sequence everytime a student forgets to play the key signature:

1. Oops! Remember! C sharp!
2. Haha! Remember?
3. Yep! C sharp, right?
4. Oh, haha. You forgot the C sharp!
5. Oop! Yep! Sharp!
6. C sharp, remember?
7. Look at the key signature! C sharp!
8. Remember the key signature in D Major? C sharp! Right?
9. Key signature! C sharp!
.....
26. Remember the fingering I showed you? Okay.
27. You forgot again! Oops! C sharp!
28. C sharp.
29. C sharp!
30. C sharp!!
31. C SHAAARP!!!
.....
98. CsharpCsharpCsharpCsharp
99. *silence* (deep breathing)
100. C SHAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHH   *jumps over cliff*


.....Aaaand that was my day today. Only a new episode of Top Chef (hurray!) can make the boo boo go away. 

ps. I am craving a coconut and/or banana cream pie like nobody's business. Unfortunately - as is consistent with the tragic life of an idiot one who chooses to get two music degrees - I must choose between buying non-essential tasty treats at the grocery store or paying my cellphone bill. Blergh.

ETA:

I was just in the shower (Second one of the day, thankyouverymuch. And yes, I will probably have another one before bed as well. Leave me alone.) when two things occurred to me:

1. That I will be paid a teensy little bit tomorrow, so I could technically pay both for a coconut and/or banana cream pie and my cellphone bill and then cross my fingers and toes that my end-of-the-month paycheck(s) arrive in my mailbox before the next round of bills comes and punches me in the face. 

2.  That an anything-cream pie is most likely not allowed in a dairy-free diet. BLERRGH! Off to the grocery store to find out just how strong my willpower really is. (The fact that I am even going to the grocery store already shows how little restraint I have)

No comments:

Post a Comment