5.29.2010

Captain's log. Stardate 52910.

Do you know what happens when you are left by yourself for a whole week (Schmooblebottoms is still in Chicago working with these nerds) with no classes to teach, no little children to beat into submission, no friends and family (waaah) and only one President of the Finer Things Club and one half panda-half ewok to keep you company (neither of whom speak English...that I know of)? You end up updating your blog too often, and with random non-entertaining mindless crap. So sorry.

Anyway.

Last night I dreamt that I finally re-watched the LOST finale again. Specifically, it was the scene in which Kate shoots Flocke and Jack kicks him over the cliff. And in my dream, the sound his bones made when Flocke landed on the rocks below was GROSS (and by "gross" I mean "awesome").

In other news: I decided to throw out the rest of my giant batch of potentially poisonous chicken salad. It pained me to do it. But I'm sure not as much as it would have probably pained my sphincter had I chosen to eat the rest of it. I guess I'll be going to the store later to buy some legit mayonnaise to make some Chicken Curry Salad: Redux.


UPDATE: So I went to Target to buy some mayonnaise and Kleenex. I walked away with mayonnaise...and 2 t-shirts (Becaues my wardrobe was missing a black and a purple fitted t-shirt. And because they were $2 each, yo.), 2 lightweight maternity tops that I will use as short breezy summer dresses (Because it is already in the mid-90s here, with eleventy thousand percent humidity, and it is only going to get WORSE. Also because they were $4 each, natch.), tortilla chips, hot dogs, a can of pork n' beans (geez...), a bag of frozen tater tots, some facial scrub and turkey slices. No Kleenex because I realized I still had a massive underground collection of those travel/purse size packs.*

* You know, like when you go to Target (hypothetically) to shop for supplies everytime you go on a trip ? And you always get that 4-pack of travel size Kleenex because who doesn't need travel size Kleenex when going on a trip? But then you only use like half of one of those packs during the actual trip and forget about the other three? And then, hypothetically, 4 - 6 months later, you're getting ready to go travel somewhere again, and you go to Target and get another of those 4-packs of Kleenex because the three from before have been hiding in one of your bathroom drawers for the last 4 - 6 months and you forgot they existed? Tell me I'm not the only one. Liars!!


UPDATE #2: So ABC is going to re-air the finale (duh, you know which one I'm talking about) tonight. I foresee a glass (or two...) of wine and a pack of tissues to sop up the pent-up tears in my future.

And how do I know that major tears are going to be shed if and when I choose to re-watch the finale, despite my emotional numbness on Sunday? Because just seeing videos of people talk about the show make my eyeballs get all wet and leaky, even six days later. Also, because I keep listening to this song in my car:




The lyrics, you guys. Seriously.

Battered and torn
Still I can see the light
Tattered and worn
But I must kneel to fight
Friend of mine
What can't you spare
I know sometimes
It gets cold in there
When my legs no longer carry
And the warm wind chills my bones
I just reach for mother Mary
And I shall not walk alone
Hope is alive
While we're apart
Only tears
Speak from my heart
Break the chains
That hold us down
And we shall be
Forever bound
And when I'm tired and weary
And a long, long way from home
I just reach for mother Mary
And I shall not walk alone
Beauty that
We left behind
How shall we
Forever find
Set aside
Our weight in sin
So that we
Can live again
When my legs no longer carry
And the warm wind chills my bones
I just reach for mother Mary
And I shall not walk alone


UPDATE #3: Decided against the re-watch. Wasn't sure I could handle the emotion yet. So have opted for a bottle of beer and a "Bridezillas" marathon instead. Narf.

In other news, do you know what's a really tasty and not-at-all healthy snack? A sandwich of white bread, butter and sugar. Childhood classic (Maybe only if you were born in the Philippines?). And a South Beach diet disaster!! Regardless, it's yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment