5.23.2010

Heading to Chicago!also:Happy (and by "Happy" I mean "Saaad" LOST Day!)

4:10am - Holy crap, it's early.

5:55am - Made it to through security and to the gate 35 minutes before the flight. There is NOBODY here. Well, this is cetainly troubling. And yet, the monitor assures me that I am at the correct place at the correct time. Hm.

6:10am - Seriously. Where the EFF is everybody?!

6:20am - Oh for crying out loud. Note to airline: When you decide to change your gate number, please do more than just put a small black square with the number 34 on it on the gate monitor. You know, like add the words "Flight to Denver has been moved to Gate E__" directly before the number 34 in order to add some context. And then maybe make an announcement or two over the intercom. And then maybe CHANGE THE GATE INFORMATION ON THE WALL OF TV MONITORS. Ugh. Good thing I am apparently partially psychic as you have assumed all your passengers to be. Either that, or I just spent the last ten minutes asking the airline workers behind the counters "Is this flight going to Denver? Is this flight going to Denver?" Blargh we're taking off! Phones off.

7:52am (Mountain Time) - Greetings from Denver International Airport! So I booked it to the nearest gift shop in order to fin something to throw inside my mouth since I am so hungry I want to eat my own face. The only thing I could find that looked reasonably appetizing and that wasn't too terribly bad for my health (look how healthy I am!) was a decently sized bag of cranberry trail mix that cost freaking $5. What a racket they're running, amiright? So when I got up to the cashier and noticed a display of unpriced Clif Bars, I thought, "Surely this wee little bar can't cost more than a couple bucks." so I traded it for the trail mix. I'm brilliant, healthy AND cost-conscious! Then the cashier rang me up, and the effing Clif Bar plus a bottle of water cost me $7. Wah waaaaah. True story. Anyway, typing all that up took the entire connection time. Time to board!

8:11am - Hey I'm sitting in a row with a couple from Tennessee! I think it was the fact that he was wearing a UT hat and shirt that gave him away. I was all, "If my boyfriend was with me, he'd talk your ear off about UT football the whole flight." Ha.

8:16 - You know who has two thumbs and brought her laptop, headphones and an assortment of LOST DVDs wih her on board? ME, that's who! I win!

11:36 - LANDED! Coffee now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:

Post a Comment