7.26.2010

Brevard: Day Forty-seven

I just had a lesson! From this gentleman! And it was great!

I need work on my finger technique. BUT WHAT ELSE IS NEW?? Blargh. And then on Wednesday, my quintet* is going to play the first movement of Maslanka's Wind Quintet No. 3 for the clarinet studio class. We are going to show the childrens how it's done, my friends.

In other news: it is like 99.99% humidity right now. In fact, I would venture to say that it is almost literally 99.99% humidity right now. It feels super and not at all disgustingly sticky.


* We are unofficial because it is comprised of myself and the other female Assistant Dean, Erin, on flute; two of our RAs, Casey and Matt C. on oboe and bassoon; and a student, Matt M. on horn. Casey and the two Matts are students and, therefore, members of other official chamber groups so we apparently have been nicknamed The Adulterous Quintet because Erin and I stole them from their other groups. HAHA. That's okay, though, because we are awesome. And the Maslanka is hard as balls.


UPDATED: Hooray for non-cafeteria Dean Dinner! Cale got some stressful news about work and needed a drink. I had a good lesson. Dan just had chamber rehearsal. And Erin and Michael are tall, beautiful, talented and in love. What better way to commemorate the day than with Deanner, am I right?! I also feel compelled to add that the consensus at thetable was that the waiter asked for our IDs because he thought I looked underage. HAHAH! Take that, Furrowed Left Brow Wrinkle of Doom! FOOOOLED YOU (That was for you, Cale). I win this round! And I will continue to slather you with nighttime moisturizing cream until you whither away and perish into smooth nothingness! Anyway.

Don't let the picture fool you, that margarita was the size of my head. And I promise we did actually order food after this picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment