7.18.2010

Brevard: Day Thirty-Nine (*whispers*...and Thirty-eight)

Sooo. Two skipped days in over five weeks isn't bad, right? (Say "yes, ma'am" or I will kick you in the shins.) Anyway, nothing too eventful yesterday except that spent the earlier part of the day registering 2nd session students (all, like, ten of them) and then Dan and I went back to Asheville to check out a music supply store there (which, incidentally, had my reeds of choice there for a very good price - which is a rarity outside of the Intarwebs - only they didn't have the size I play on in stock. Boo hiss.) and then we stopped at Poppies - which is like a compact version of Whole Foods and is GLORIOUS when you've been eating cafeteria meals full of mystery meats and unseasoned watery vegetables for nearly six weeks - where I spent more money than I wanted or expected to* (Budget: $20. Actual: $40. d'oh!) and then I stayed in my cabin and watched LOST on my laptop for the rest of the evening before falling asleep. I didn't go into French Quarter to supervise any drunken college childrens. It was neat.

Anyway, now I am awake at the ungodly hour of Before 10:00 am O'Clock to take care of some very quick Dean-y business that had to happen before 8am and, as a result, I will now go reward myself with heaps of cafeteria bacon because I am actually awake during breakfast hours for once. Huzzah!

* Upon inspection of the receipt post fact, I learned that I apparently spent $2.40 on like eight freaking olives at the olive bar. Not a jar of olives. Not eight ounces of olives. Eight. Olives. Those olives had better make a damned excellent martini later as they were bought at a ridiculously high price expressly for that purpose.


UPDATE 8:09am - WTF. Continental breakfast?? No bacon?? Oh for crying out loud... Note to self: Never wake up before 8am for breakfast in the cafeteria ever again. Angry face >:(

UPDATE 11:30am - Aaaaaah. Brunch at 10:30. Bacon, eggs and tater tots in mah belleh. All is well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment