8.03.2010

Brevard: Day Fifty-five

 Received this call on Googly (The Dean of the Day phone, duh. Pay attention!) this morning from Tom, our orchestra stage manager:

"Hi Ysabel. So...I have sort of a funny question for you. Do you have a car here? ...Because we have a bunch of hungover faculty members that need to get picked up from their residences."

Priceless.

Hey, did I mention that we are at the...FINAL COUNTDOOOOWN? Only six more days until I am finally homebound. Wheeee!

Whoa, look at these pictures that I meant to post weeks ago and am only now getting around to:

A couple of weeks ago, Dan indulged me on another one of my pleading-for-coffee-off-campus text messages ("Coffee. STAT.") and as we were parking across the street from the coffee shop, I saw this lady walking her shih tzu on the sidewalk (I promise they're there behind the tree about to walk into that store). So naturally I took a stalker picture and then trotted across the street to go pet her doggie. It was very sweet and started wagging its tail when I was walking up (and then my heart proceeded to explode) but it was not nearly as cute in the face as BB is. Very sweet doggie, though.

Speaking of that coffee shop, it has this mannequin displayed by the windows sitting at a table which is totally normal and NOT WEIRD AT ALL. If you will please not that she is accompanied by a sign that says, "Don't touch Lola please." I took this picture for my mom.

Choclava. Baklava + chocolate. OMG. My iPhone can't take macro shots, hence the lack of focus. But still. Whoa.

Oh, the joys of communal living. And you know what one of the joys of being an Assistant Dean of Students is? Going around every week to do cabin inspections and seeing things like this note taped to the refrigerator of one of your student cabins. Awesome.

So a couple of weeks ago I got tasked with taking a pipsqueak high school violinist to the nearby town of Hendersonville to get his instrument fixed. At first I was crabby about it. But then I realized that Hendersonville is a really cute little town with coffeeshops and boutiques and I was free to peruse said coffeeshops and boutiques for the better part of the morning instead of attending to the whiny needs of music students on campus. Anyway, so I was walking down the sidewalk after getting coffee and I passed by this kitschy store that HAD A PORCELAIN BB ON DISPLAY IN THEIR WINDOW AND MY HEART EXPLODED INSTANTLY. Please believe me when I tell you that I was this close to buying this just so that I could place it next to my bed and pet it everyday. And then bring it home with me so I could have two BBs at home. And NO I do not have a sickness.

Blech, and then I passed by this ice cream shop that had this travesty of a poster on their window. Sandra Lee? Really?? I will only approve of this if she makes a Kwanzaa Sundae

Haven't you always wondered what you would call the musical combination of disco and jazz? I know we all have. Well, the answer is "Dazz." DOY.

Do I wanna make love? With that mustache? NO.

So there's a college division violinist here who the Dean staff has affectionately nicknamed "Legs." Short for Leggy McLeggerson or Legs McGee. I don't even know her real name, but seriously, her legs are like twenty feet long. I like to joke that she has no actual torso, but that her legs lead straight to her neck. Anyway, I snuck this stalker picture of her as we dropped her off after a visit to the clinic when she had strep throat, but the photo really doesn't do Legs any justice. I just thought I'd share.

Red wine and chocolate. WHAAAT? I haven't bought a bottle yet because I've been too poor, but someday. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment