8.01.2010

Brevard: Day Fifty-three

Today my quintet had a coaching with one of the bassoon faculty members and it was stupendous. Except for the part where he isolated the ONE measure in the entire first movement that I just absolutely cannot play - it involves playing a strange combination of precisely 24 notes in roughly 1.5 seconds - which I have been working really hard on just being able to come close to playing well, and his comment was, "Clarinet, play louder there. Just be more aggressive. If you need to fake some more, then fake some more." WAAAH. And then my heart broke into a million itty bitty pieces and I sobbed piles of salty tears on the inside. But I was over it by the end of the coaching.

Anyway, and then I went to the afternoon concert which happened to feature the winners of the Concerto Competition (students who compete and win the opportunity to solo with the orchestra) and I surprisingly did not want to throw myself off of a cliff at my inferiority. Mainly because I left at intermission and met up with some friends for sushi and drinks instead. And then Dan paid for my portion of the check because he is super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment