8.10.2010

Brevard --> Texas.

I'm baaaack!

How did you spend your day yesterday? I spent mine awake at 4:30am, on the road with newly acquired friend, Sam, by 5:30am and through the highways and byways of North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas until 7:30pm. We managed to find (after much consternation) the one and only Star*ucks along our route between Little Rock and Texas, and we only needed to go back and forth between Arkansas and Texas amidst insufferable Texarkana construction traffic for about 30 minutes before finally finding it:

SUCCESS! But why didn't my delicious iced soy latte make it into the picture?? Boo. But look how artsy fartsy I am with the black and white photo. Note: When did I morph into my younger brother?

And, finally, after over fifteen meltingly hot hours of driving, we made it back to the condo that I had never lived in before and that I only had a vague recollection of how to get to. Thanks (for nothing) for the inaccurate directions, Googlemaps! At one point, with poor Sam behind the wheel, I had to rub my temples and say out loud, "Okay, photographic memory ENGAGE!" And it worked...eventually. And then I walked into the condo to be met with roughly eleventy zillion unpacked moving boxes and an AC unit that had been left completely off for the entire summer. I panickingly turned the thermostat down and collapsed on the couch, waiting for the temperature inside to cool down enough that I could at least find the energy to jump in the shower and perhaps start unpacking some boxes. ...Fast forward to four hours later and I had become a melted puddle on the couch who could summon only the energy to send Schmooblebot two text messages:

"Holy s***balls! A/C works right??"

"I don't feel it getting any cooler in here..."

But all's well that ends well. I managed to get our bedroom, two bathrooms (Whoa, I just realized this is the first time I've had two bathrooms before!), living room and Bela's room (I'll explain later) in some semblance of order before passing out and when I woke up the next morning it was finally down to 78 degrees inside. Worked the whole morning unpacking and organizing boxes so that I can now at least see the majority of the surface area of the floor in the condo and am rewarding myself with an iced soy latte at air-conditioned Star*ucks (how I've missed you!) and a trip to air-conditioned Target (how I've missed you MORE!). Woot.

Will post final Brevard pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment