6.08.2006

If it weren't 80 degrees outside, I'd think hell had frozen over.orYsabel posts another sports blog.or1 hour and 35 minutes...

...until I get out of this nightmarish paper-filing time-warp and on home to eat some Olive Garden leftovers from last night, watch Seinfeld reruns from 6-8pm, then not watch The Office because NBC is showing a My Name is Earl marathon instead (harumph), then surf both the television and the internet for about an hour until Game 1 of the NBA playoffs begins.

I have tried to regain an interest in basketball, an interest which has been gradually dwindling ever since the Kings began their unfortunate downward spiral the last couple of years. The (only) upside of this spiral? The Lakers suck too, damnit! Hell yes!

In any case, I've spent the majority of the workday trying to decide who to root for in the series. On the one hand, I've seen the Mavs defeat the Kings a few too many times of late to really root for them to win the championship. On the other hand, Miami has Shaq. Ew ew ew ew ew.

I think I'm going to go with the Mavs. Mark Cuban -- while downright obnoxious as the opposing team's owner during Kings-Mavs games -- is actually a pretty entertaining little weirdo. Plus he has a blog, which I, of course, appreciate. I'll just forget the complete debacle that was his Really. Bad. reality show. Also, I'm rooting for the Mavs because I find Dirk Nowitzki entertaining to listen to during interviews . He has this quasi- Is-it-there-or-am-I-just-hearing-things? ambiguous European accent that I find fascinating.

So, in closing, let me say: GO KINGS!!

But in the meantime: Shaq sucks. Go Mavs.

***

Also: I was perusing my blog archives last night and happened to take another look at this blog post which mentioned my borderline obsession with the Dvorak Cello Concerto. When I scrolled down, I noticed that this comment was posted at the end:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you liked my stuff about the Dvorak Cello Concerto. I tried really hard to make it clear, and some critics feel it's too literal. But I feel that's what Dvorak was thinking.Anyway, thanks!

Mike Beckerman


Holy crap!! When was this comment posted?? Is it totally nerdy of me to think it's really cool that an accomplished musicologist read my blog and commented on it??!! I think it's awesome! I think I am awesome. I'm sure only Sarah L. would agree with me. Well, Sarah P. too, for that matter. Anyway, it totally made my day. And it better not be some sick, un-funny prank left by some impostor toying with my emotions...

***

Oh, and one more thing: So I had my Dreaded Annual Appointment With the Woman-Parts Doctor yesterday morning. The appointment was scheduled for 8:30 in the morning. I was not seen by the doctor until 10:15. I was pissed! And I won't take "The doctor had to do an emergency C-section" as a viable excuse to leave me waiting there for almost two hours in a roomful of pregnant underage girls -- One of them was 12 years old. Literally. I can't even go there, it's so wrong... -- with posters of tubes and uteruses on every wall.

Wait, yes I will, because I got to go into work 2 hours late. Haha!!

1 comment:

  1. I do indeed think you're awesome. But then again I'm a nerd, and maybe you shouldn't take my opinion too seriously. ;) OR MAYBE you should take it seriously for that very reason. I don't know. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete