6.26.2006

Oh, f---!

Mom and dad: please pardon the torrent of expletives that are about to follow...

***

Oh f*ck.

F*ck!

F********ck!!!

My blissful Crazy Lunatic Supervisor-less week is now but a distant and wonderful memory. It seems Favorite Cool Co-worker is on vacation all this week and I am left all by myself in our little section of the office with nobody but (f*ck!) Crazy Lunatic Supervisor. For the next five days. Well, four, I guess since I will be all by my lonesome again this Friday. Bah. Ack. Ptooey. F*CK!

***

*sigh*

In other news, remember that bagel that I nearly soiled myself over in this post because it was so freaking delicious? It's the Dutch Apple & Raisin bagel from Panera Bread. Holy crap. So good. Get it sliced and toasted, then smear a ridiculous amount of light, fluffy Panera cream cheese in the middle. I think I just soiled myself again.

Also, has anyone ever been ensnared by a pair of automatic double-doors? Like, literally had a pair of sliding doors close in on you for no foreseen reason? Well, I have. I was doing a load of emergency wash (as in, an I No Longer Have Non-Granny Panty Underwear emergency) yesterday afternoon and, as I like to multi-task when having to spend quality time at the friendly neighborhood laundromat, I decided to drop by the grocery store next door to pass some time. Anyway, I was walking out of the store and the doors were still open so I decided to hurry and pass right through, only when I got to about 4 feet from the doors, it started to close in. I thought, "For sure, once I step right in front of the door, the sensors will kick in and it'll start opening up again." Wrong. It just kept closing. Next thing I know I am literally caught in between the doors which had completely closed in on me. Half my body was outside the store, and the other half, with arm clutching my shopping bag, was still inside. With people on both sides watching me. I managed to wrangle myself free after about three seconds, but rest assured that those three seconds were plenty of time for both the surly teenage cashiers on the inside and the customers in the parking lot outside to witness my bizarre battle with the damned glass double-door menace.

3 comments:

  1. THAT is a truly memorable picture...I will forever have a picture of Ysabel painted on my brain being sliced in half by automatice doors...priceless. I will buy your next starbucks coffee for making me almost pee my pants in laughter.
    Hug!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) After all, what good are life's little public embarrassments if you can't share them with the world, eh? Text me and I'll drop by Star*ucks for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple of those close calls. It's like we're so small that the sensors can't detect us. I've never gotten stuck, but I've stood right in front of the closed doors taking a couple of steps back and forth or taking a little hop to get those damn doors to open up!

    ReplyDelete