6.22.2006

Tonight is ripe with possibilities!

Can I just tell you that tonight our Development Director is having a staff party at her swanky house which has a swanky infinity pool (so I hear) which is located in swanky west Knoxville and I cannot wait to see who drinks one too many margaritas and makes a complete ass of themselves in front of the others! AhahaHAAHaHAAahAhah!!!

Might be me.

Bossman will be there, as well as the President of our Board.

* rubs hands together in a sinister fashion while laughing maniacally to herself *

Ooh, but you know who won't be there? Crazy Lunatic Supervisor, that's who. Ahh! Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found theeee... Although, come to think of it, it would be highly enjoyable for me to see her "accidentally" fall over the edge of Development Director's swanky infinity pool. Hm.

Anyway, the talk around the office today has been who is and who isn't planning on bringing their swimsuits to the party. On the one hand: wearing nothing but a thin piece or two of spandex and lycra in front of your boss? Creepy creepy creepy. On the other hand: it's summertime in the South. Enough said.

In any case, as Bossman was leaving the office for the day, his last words to me:
"See you tonight...in Margaritaville!"

Ooooh, this is gonna be good!


***

ps. On a completely unrelated note, this morning I woke up and when I finished placing my contact lenses securely onto my eyeballs, I looked in the bathroom mirror to find that my hair looked FABULOUS. I mean, I took a shower last night, didn't comb it, went to bed and when I woke up, my normally godforsaken unruly tresses had somehow been styled in the middle of the night by stealthy and skillful hairdresser gnomes into a modern updated version of luscious Farrah Fawcett waves. How does this happen? Should I leave some change under my pillow tonight for a tip in case the fabulous gnomes return?

pps. Before he left, Bossman asked me to take a field trip to our Board President's office building several blocks down the street to get his signature on several pieces of paper. Normally, I jump at the opportunity to escape my office prison at any chance I get, but seeing as it is one hundred and eight trillion degrees outside, I am dreading this walk. Agh. The South. During the summer. Bleh. My salvation will be the gigantic glass of iced coffee (maybe I will treat myself to an actually caffeinated version today...I'm sure all the caffeine will be evaporated out of my system during my stroll through the Fiery Pits of Hell anyway) I will surely purchase along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, when you leave a tip for the gnomes, can you leave them a note with my address? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gnomes visit me every night.

    ReplyDelete