6.14.2006

Soooo boooored.

Nearly the entire staff is gone either to lunch or to take a tour of our newly renovated Bijou Theatre down the street and I've been left to man the fort until they get back. I think the only people that are left are Bossman, Bossman #2 and Financial Director - who, incidentally, is the Anglo- spitting image of my father, from the fact that he works with money and numbers to the way he furrows his brow when discussing business. It's pretty bizarre. The point being: I am free to check MyemailblogSpace guilt-free!

***

Anyway, a little bit earlier, Bossman #2 came out of Bossman's office where they were having a closed-door meeting (oooooohh) and he walked straight over to me with this sad look on his face and said, "Bossman just told me you're leaving." And I was like, "...Oh. Um, you didn't know?" Then we talked for a brief while about where I was going and all that. He was very kind, telling me that they were all going to miss me, etc etc etc. And I, of course, was obligated to say, "Well, I'm going to miss this place, too." At which point Bossman walked over and said, "Don't believe her! You can't trust clarinet players." Hahaha. It was nice to know that, even though Crazy Lunatic Supervisor continues to drive me bonkers every single day to the poit that I think even she's starting to realize that I am on the verge of throwing her over the nearby bridge to be a mid-afternoon snack for the troll that lives underneath, I've made a good impression on the people in this business who actually matter and who have my respect. So there.

2 comments:

  1. I hope she doesn't find your blog! hahah I bet she'd love that letter you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm paranoid most about the fact that my blog comes up if you Google my name... If I can make it for the next 6 weeks without being discovered then I'm home free!!!

    ReplyDelete