6.21.2006

Jibber jabber.

So the Heat won the NBA Championship last night. Booooooooo. Me no likey Shaq. He is a big ugly ogre. At least it was fun hanging out with Scott, April and Jeremiah last night to watch the game. Here is an interesting NBA-related editorial I am reading at my desk, but which I'm linking here so that I can continue to read it later because it's fairly long and I have many other important work-related tasks to do today. And by "many other important work-related tasks," I of course mean "update my blog, read everyone else's blogs, change my Myspace page for the tenth time this week, and check my email periodically only to confirm to myself the fact the NOBODY HAS EMAILED ME IN AN ENTIRE WEEK WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME AND BY ME I MEAN YOU THAT YOU CAN'T SEND ME A FRIENDLY EMAIL EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE TO DISTRACT ME FROM THE COMPLETE BOREDOM THAT IS MY WORKDAY??!!"

Speaking of watching the game, someone please tell me again why I thought it was a good idea to have a couple of gin and tonics last night while attempting to finish up the recovery process from my stomach's state of disagreeability the last few days? Idiot. I thought the soothing alcohol (Oog, I can't even look at the word without feeling nauseous...hhrrrgggll) would lull me into a blissful un-interrupted sleep last night. Unfortunately, I instead woke up at 3 in the morning curled up in the fetal position feeling the possible oncoming of a mild retching gurgling in my stomach. Anyway, I managed to fall asleep about two hours before I had to get up for work.

Speaking of going to work, I really need to just not hit the snooze button that one last time and I would consistently get to work right on time. Instead of consistently late (but not as late as the rest of my slacker co-workers!!). I arrived a little later than usual this morning fully prepared to apologize profusely to Favorite Cool Co-worker for being late again, only to find that she hadn't even come in yet! Ha ha!! Anyway, when I came in the Bigwigs and assorted Board members were in the Conference Room having a Big Important Finance Meeting, which to the rest of us in the office only means Stupid Meeting In Which the Important Rich People Take Our Coffee Machine From The Kitchen So They Can Use It In The Conference Room. Boo.

Speaking of the Finance Meeting, though: They had a ton of bagels from Panera Bread leftover and I was able to have Seriously the Best Bagel I Have Ever Had just now. I have no idea what kind it was, but it had raisins and nuts and some sweet caramelized sweetness of some sort all up in it. Oh, and then I filled it all up in the middle with their light, fluffy cream cheese. The best part? It was just what my angry stomach needed and now I feel much much better. No more nausea -- at least for the time being. Yay!

Ok, now that I've updated my blog, on to checking Myspace.....

3 comments:

  1. I think we have the same schedule. HAAHHA, slackers, we are. Except, I checked my Myspace first this morning... and made some changes. But this is not like me as I usually read blogs before doing the Myspace thing. Alas, Myspace is boring to me now. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Y's, when the coffee pot has been confiscated for the "important rich people" you can come to starbucks and use mine!! Friday and Saturday I'll be in so I think an Ysabel sighting would be most fun!! Plus, your free coffees are winding down as July approaches. Soon, you'll have to take out loans to get your coffee fix in Seattle. YOu better rack up in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Panera next to one of my favorite Indian restaurants, and it always annoys me that their customers use our parking lot. I've never been there, because I'm too annoyed by that. I've heard it's good, though.

    ReplyDelete