6.02.2011

Blogaday Fifteen: "Uh. Hi."

Nothing too exciting today. The Real Housewives of New York City is tonight, so that's cool.

The first day of summer classes is on Monday and I have spent the last two weeks hounding our department secretary for 1) information about the course which I have never taught before, 2) information about my adjunct contract so I can know how much I'm actually getting paid this summer and when, 3) a confirmation that I have been assigned the course so I can login to the university system and contact the appropriate students. Multiple (increasingly annoying/annoyed) emails later, and I finally got ahold of her to tell me that...she was sending in my paperwork today. Ugh. Don't you love administration that works quickly and doesn't wait until the last possible moment to do anything? But I'm still employed this summer so I'll quit bitching now.

Pictures:

Just one of the zillions of reasons I love BB. No matter where she is in the house, if you lay down, she can sense if there is room next to you and will immediately jump up and snuggle right against you. Here, I had just laid down on the couch. Five seconds later, I heard her collar jingling as she ran and, next thing I know, she has nestled up against my back. Cute puppy.

Here is poor Beamer Boodles being sad that she can't go out in the middle of the afternoon, mainly because if I take her out anytime before the sun sets, she will combust into a ball of flames instantly.

I posted this on my Facebook last night. She had fallen asleep on the couch clutching her favorite toy.

Aaaand this was the first thing I saw this morning. Bela lording over me perched atop our headboard. 

I totally ate Chipotle for lunch today. But then I made this salad of spinach in a balsamic and honey vinaigrette, with berries, goat cheese, walnuts and dates for dinner so it was okay.

Blueberries, blackberries and strawberries with a spoon of sugar and lemon juice in a pool of sweetened condensed milk.

Mashed and swirled.

Poured into ice cube trays. In hindsight, it would have been fine to just pour it into a bowl or any container and let set in the freezer.

Frozen berries and cream! I totally got the idea for from Poor Girl Eats Well. She advised using popsicle molds, but I don't have any and my Target money is better spent on necessities like chocolate bars and earrings on sale. Next time, I will probably cut the milk with some water or juice since this was insanely poisony creamy. Great idea, though! Tasty and easy. And a little goes a long way, which is a good thing since the small portion above hopefully means I won't be confined to nauseated bed rest for too long tomorrow. Oh, and no need to add any extra sugar in my opinion. The condensed milk is plenty sweet enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment