6.06.2011

Blogaday Nineteen: "Geflurgen."

I've had some kind of whopping headache all day. The kind where your head feels like a fifty pound cannonball that is also squeezing your eyeballs like a vise and all you want to do is lie down in a freely air-conditioned room with the lights off, the curtains drawn and your eyes closed. Incidentally, today was also the first day of summer class. So that was cool. Luckily, I have free reign on how to design this graduate course, so I made it that Mondays and Wednesdays are reading and listening assignments that I will prepare ahead of time, and Friday is the only in-person meeting day, where written assignments will be submitted and a quiz given. So luckily, I got to stay home today. But that also meant that I spent the whole weekend staring at a computer screen getting everything ready for this first day. Hence, the headache probably. Blegh. I did take a walk around the neighborhood this evening to get the mail as the sun was setting, so the temperature had lowered itself from "atmosphere of Mercury" to "97 degrees" and was able to chat with my mom which somehow alleviated the pain a bit for about an hour. Or maybe it was the fact that the air was so thick and hot that I was literally fighting to catch my breath after ten minutes of walking that my head was too distracted to feel pain.

Anyway, I don't want to strain my eyeballs anymore so I'll leave you with these pictures of dinner. I just started by sauteeing some vegetables for dinner. But then I decided I wanted some eggs. And then I decided to just go ahead and add some toast and honey to complete the apparent brinner I was preparing:



No comments:

Post a Comment