11.19.2007

Quick thoughts.

1. NoBloPoMo, SchnoBloPoSchmo. I blog when I want, damnit. And right now this means only strictly during scary moments of "Lost."

2. At last count I've already gotten sick 3 times since the season has changed. And now all of a sudden I'm sneezing and coughing again. What in the hell?! Does my immune system go into hibernation during the cold months now? Unacceptable. I'm going to account this to the fact that I've been neglectful (lazy) in taking my asthma meds for a couple days. Hopefully now that I'm huffing twice daily from the weird purple disk and popping my crazy-expensive little pink pills, I better feel better and soon. I will not be sick for Thanksgiving this year again!

3. Speaking of Thanksgiving, the Schmoobs and I are going over to a friend's house to have Turkey Day with him and his wife. There was about a 10 second discussion about which couple should host the meal. But then when I made the points that a) Scott and I live in the apartment of a college sophomore and don't even have a dining room table, and b) our carpet bears the unfortunate evidence of the vomit stains of both Scott's step-brother and Bela, it seemed a more logical choice to have it at the friend's house. I won't mention that fact that these are the same friends who are lending us their "Lost" DVDs and that Scott and I should just about be ready to trade Season 2 in and get Season 3 around Thanksgiving. Perfect timing, eh?

4. "Lost" tangent: Henry Gale is f*ing creepy. I hate those evil little sideways smiles right before the commercial breaks. Everyone in this f*ing show is f*ing creepy!! Hurley and that other mental patient chick?! Come on!!

5. Also about Turkey Day: aside from a number of side dishes and desserts that I somehow plan on shopping for and making at some point between when I get off of work on Wednesday and dinnertime the next day, I'm also going to attempt to make lumpia -- just the way my mommy makes it. She gave me the recipe today. I'm excited. Mainly because -- at the risk of ruining the sentiment with a blatant double negative -- lumpia is never not a hit at any gathering involving food. Ever. I mean, if there's a person out there who only knows one Filipino dish, that dish is definitely lumpia. Hands down. Guaranteed. Or maybe balut, thanks to "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" and "The Amazing Race." But that's a whole other story altogether.

6. "Lost" tangent #2: Okay, if Kate insists on giving Sawyer some sexy foreplay a haircut, she should have at least given him a real haircut. Yeah yeah yeah, he's got the whole shaggy-haired rebel bad-boy thing going. Whatever. Remember how hottt Peter Petrelli was in the second season opener with his newly shorn hair? Yowza. Sawyer: get on it.

7. "Lost" tangent #3: Locke most definitely looks better bald than he does in his flashbacks. That hideous combover? Yikes. Good riddance.

8. This morning I had an interesting change of pace and got bitched at over the phone by a bitter old violin teacher instead of a bitter old piano teacher. It's nice to change things up every now and then I guess. I knew it was a bad sign when the first thing she said to me on the phone was, "You people are getting very lazy over there. First of all, you didn't say that your area code is 425..." Are you f*ing kidding me? That's what you're going to start with, old lady? Because a) I don't know what piece of information you got our phone number from, but the only pieces of information that our company has bothered to place our info on are the phone book, our website and business cards. And those all have our area code, so I'm perplexed; b) I know you've shopped in our store many many times before. I've seen you with mine own two eyes, I have. So I refuse to believe that you don't know exactly what city you are in when you walk into our store. And I want to assume that this means that you should know what area code matches with this city. And not just city, mind you, but aaaaall the surrounding cities in this area. Yeesh; c) Really? You're pissed because we didn't tell you what our area code was?! Oy, I give up.

9. I can't watch "Lost" without Wikipedia-ing it episode by episode. Scott thinks I'm cheating, but I can't stand it!! I'd pee myself from anxiety if I didn't.

10. "Lost" tangent #4: Okay, it's one o'clock in the morning and Michael just shot Ana Lucia and Libby and himself. Blargh! There's no way we can stop watching now, damnit!! So much for sleep tonight. Good thing I've got a long weekend to catch up on sleep...

11. The easy listening radio station has switched to all Christmas music, the red holiday cups are in full bloom, Christmas blend is brewing, and I'm happy as a clam!! A pepperming mocha clam!! 'Tis the season, my friends. Hurray!

12. Unfortunately, 'tis also the season for bitterly cold air outside, overly heated air inside and dry, red and itchy skin. I need to switch moisturizers again. My face is in serious need of some good ol' fashioned Neutrogena intensive moisturizer lovin'. We all know my favorite place to go to for home beauty essentials...hurray again!

13. You know what's a beautiful piece? "Solvejg's Song" by Edward Grieg. It's from Peer Gynt. I heard it a few nights ago at this voice recital that I played for. Note to self: next time you attend a voice studio recital, sit in the back, bring your laptop, and blog away. Nothing says "blogging material" like 90 minutes of sheer tone-deaf awesomeness. I know that's totally a snarky/elitist thing to say. I have no excuse. On the flip side: I picked up a $100 check for about 3o minutes of playing total. I told the teacher that I wanted $80, but I guess he was feeling generous. Either that, or he felt that I earned the extra $20 fr sitting thru the whole recital. Whatever, I'll take it and run...to the nearest Star*ucks. Yoink!

***UPDATE***

14. Okay, it's now past 2 in the morning. I've taken my pre-bedtime shower and have proceeded to slather my extremities and entire face with some long-forgotten Ponds moisturizer I dug up from under the sink. That stuff is like lard compared to the other moisturizer I'd been using. It should hydrate my skin quite nicely. Either that or I'll turn into one giant pimple. I swear I've got the world's most sensitive skin. It's a very delicate little dance I have to deal with when I choose face cleansers, moisturizer, makeup, etc. One wrong move and that's it. Or that's zit. Hahahaha...I'm so clever.

3 comments:

  1. Just to warn you but Lost might not show this year because of the strike. Keep this in mind as you burn thru Season3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I didn't think Season 3 was out on DVD yet... I thought it wasn't coming out till December. Have the TV gods made a happy mistake???

    2) I think you should definitely make some delicious Filipino food and send it to me immediately. I've never had any but it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noooo!! You're right! I just assumed they had it already. Oh, sad sad day...

    ReplyDelete