6.20.2010

Brevard: Day Eleven

Whoa, I'm getting this in just under the clock. Today was spent welcoming and registering all the College Division students, which was a little hectic and stressful for a brief period in the morning, but then evened out to a steady manageable pace for the rest of the day. Mainly because the Dean staff is awesome and we work together in a magically delicious way.

Now I am winding down the evening playing a rousing game of Monopoly in the French Quarter with some members of the RA staff and one of the French horn students. (By the by, what are they doing hanging out at French Quarter playing Monopoly? They've got auditions tomorrow! ...These are my people.) Anyway, however, since I had to write this post before midnight, I had to pass my game on to Dan - even though I was currently in the midst of probably my best Monopoly game ever! I owned a monopoly and had two houses each on the purple properties, owned a monopoly on the railroads and had a healthy bank account.*

Also, I pounced on the primary clarinet teacher here, who happens to be the clarinet teacher at Northwestern University (i.e. one of the schools I want to apply to for my Ph.D, natch), and introduced myself to him quite shamelessly. Fortunately, we mutually know a few clarinet players from DFW and I had already prepared him via email that I was going to be harrassing him for a lesson. Also, the clarinet professor at TAMU- Commerce is a former student of his, and she apparently gave him a good word on my behalf. Woot, connections! Not bad for an anti-social networking-hater like myself.

This dialogue just transpired here at the Monopoly table:

Mikhail (Russian violinist RA) to Dan: I veel geev you my two utilities eenstead.

Dan: Nah.

Mikhail: I veel geev you these two plus three hondred dollars. Eet ees da same theeng as payeenk. Von feefty plus von feefty.

Dan: ...eh. That's a bad investment.

Mikhail: Agh.

Dan: And this is how I am going to run camp. WITH AN IRON FIST!

Mikhail gesturing to Ysabel: And you only eenherited this from Eesabel! All thees power and you deedn't earn it! Eet ees like "Bruce Almighty"!


Okay, on to more exciting topics: I have officially deemed that my hooter cooter is allergic to ghetto one-ply toilet paper. It has been two days since I switched to my luxurious three-ply contraband and I feel significantly better. My ladyparts have standards! (hush, you)


*Ah, if only 'twere real life!


No comments:

Post a Comment