6.10.2010

Brevard: Day One

10:20am - Greetings from Dallas Fort Worth International airport!

So I think I'm going to attempt to blog everyday while I'm in Brevard. Counting this day in and the last day out, it should total 62 days. I wonder how long it will be until I resort to posting about farts and poop. Three, four days? Haha. Anyway, I'm counting today as day one because I should technically be in Brevard by the end of the day. Also, I totally fell asleep for a few minutes here at the gate and I'm pretty sure I was that person with their head tilted back and mouth open with slight drooling action. Awesome. So I had to share. Also: I woke up because I heard this couple sitting across from me talking about how the guy got a $100 Star*ucks gift card as a present. And the girl was all, "Who gives a $100 Star*ucks gift card?!" And I was all, "Hahaha, I know right? Seriously. That's way ridiculous. NOW GIVE IT TO ME." Ok, I didn't really say that. But mainly because I was too busy wiping the drool from my chin.

10:49 - There is now a family with 5 kids and another family with 2 kids that have completely surrounded me at the gate. They are ALL eating breakfast from Burger King. Oy, the grease! I'm pretty sure I would be saving these children from a lifetime of high cholesterol and obesity if I were to take their fries, chicken nuggets and Whoppers from them and insert them in my belly. The only thing stopping me is the fact that my next shower is several hours away.

An airport haiku for you:

Cloud of french fry grease
Should I shower or steal fries?
Can't catch me, lil kid!

3:49 EST - Hello. I am now in Orlando. I also came very close to spending $8.00 on a hotdog and fries ("Combo special!!" ...UGH) but got a $4.00 wee little soy latte instead. Da end.

Oh, by the way: Carrying your own pillow on the plane so you can sleep through the entire first leg of your trip seated next to a large man who likes to lean over and watch what his seatmates are doing on their phones is A TOTAL WIN!

3:59 - The man seated directly across the gate from me just shoved a huge wad of chewing tobacco into his mouth. I wonder where he's planning on spitting tha -- EWWW HE JUST SPIT IT INSIDE THE EMPTY WATER BOTTLE HE WAS HOLDING! GROSS!!! Don't look at the bottle don't look at the bottle don't look at the bottle. BARF.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment