6.22.2010

Brevard: Day Thirteen

You guys, I think I have found my number one favorite cafeteria food product here and, much to the chagrin amusement of my fellow Deans, I have affectionately named it "Rib Shaped Meat." It tastes like ribs. It's shaped like ribs. BUT IT'S NOT RIBS. There are no bones. But it's shaped to look like it has bones. It is AMAZING. It also bears more than passing resemblance to the ever-elusive McRib sandwich.

Hooter cooter update! It (She? Hootie?) is better, but not yet fully recovered. Sad face. I bummed a ride with Dan into town yesterday, which was nice since we got to walk around a bit, get coffee, pop into some quaint little awesome shops and visit some achingly adorable kittens that were up for adoption through the Humane Society. Seriously, if we had already gotten our first paycheck, I would have walked away with fifteen new kitten friends.* Anyway, the point of all this was to tell you that I also was able to buy some over the counter UTI symptom helper pills that seem to be helping, but it also turns your pee a vibrant orange-y magenta-ish color (thank God I read the warning label and was expecting it, otherwise I would have fuh-reaked out). Also, Dan told me in the car that reading my blog adds a whole other context now that he sees me at work every day:

Dan: I mean, I just can't read it the same way when you say things like "ladyparts" now that I see you everyday.

Ysabel: What? I like euphemisms! Like "hooter cooter" and "hoochie coochie."

Dan: GROSS.

Ysabel: WELL IT'S BETTER THAN SAYING THE V-WORD. ...Hm, maybe that's why Scott refuses to read my blog.

And on that note, I'm off to watch/listen to a rehearsal of the orchestra made up of young musicians who were probably practicing their instruments already as they were being squeezed out of their mother's womb.


* I MISS YOU, BB AND BELA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment