6.13.2010

Brevard: Day Four

Rumor has it that the cafeteria opens this evening, which means that my rationing out of my meager leftover funds to feed myself these last four days will at last come to an end.

Also, there is a functional wireless router in the College Division hangout joint called "French Quarter" which is just a short skip and a jump away from my cabin. Unfortunately there is this little thing called "a dense forest of trees" situated directly between the French Quarter and my cabin that gets in the effing way of my ability to get signal in my place. Dangblastitall!! The  really cool thing  is that if I walk out my front door and walk roughly fifteen paces forward, I  can  get internet on  my  laptop.  Now, the  question is if I  am  willing  to risk being  snatched  up and traded  into  mountain  slavery  by a bear in order to update my  Facebook  status  after sundown.

In other news, Cale and Dan came up with the idea to start a rumor around camp that, despite my small stature and quiet demeanor (ha), the students should not try to mess with me because I was convicted of attempted murder a few years ago and am out on parole. I think I can go along with this.

Also this morning, Dan was telling us that he had zero water pressure in his shower, to which I remarked, "Ugh, it's like having someone peeing on you." And then Cale and Dan looked at me silently with brows raised and I had to explain, "NO, I DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THAT." Yeah, so I think the three of us are starting to warm up to each other, which is good. The two remaining Assistant Deans (for the Young Artist division) arrive tomorrow, so it'll be good to get to know them. Woot.

Oh, and did you know that they have white squirrels here? Literally. Squirrels that are all white. I'll try to take some pictures in the next day or two to post on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment