6.29.2010

Brevard: Day Twenty

We are in the deuces, you guys!

Diva Reilly UPDATE: Today at lunch I was trying to help a student out who was having trouble connecting to do intarwebz in French Quarter, so I went around asking the few people that were inside and had laptops out if they would mind if I restarted the wireless router. I asked each one individually and they all smiled and said no problem... Until I got to Reilly, who just looked up with a blank stare and no response save for the very beginnings of a betch snarl forming at the corner of her garishly red lipsticked mouth. So I giggled to myself and just walked away and restarted the router anyway. *sigh* I have under six weeks to make this happen, people!

Yoni the Angry Jew UPDATE: Coincidentally enough, this afternoon Yoni was on the phone with his girlfriend (?) trying to figure out arrangements for her to visit or whatever and he was also having problems connecting to the internets. I was, however, surfing the internet just fine. Isn't karma a botch, Yoni? Anyway, so who should happen to come sauntering up to me with an actual smile on his face (I wonder if that hurt) asking if I knew of any other airports near Brevard besides Asheville? Yoni the Angry Jew, that's who! So I gave him some ideas and even flaunted my free-wheeling use of internet in his face while looking up options on Google Maps and sent him on his merry way. Maybe you'll remember my kindness the next time you decide to fly above the seat of authoritah!!!

Anyway, on to more pictures:

Look at this wee little critter I saw crossing the street yesterday! I nearly stepped on him, actually, as he was all of like an inch long. Isn't he cute? I hope he hasn't been stepped on already.

Here he is again, with slightly better focus. I love his color, don't you?

Here are some orange (Go VOLS!) mushrooms that are right outside of Dan's cabin. Everytime I walk by them I think to myself, "I should take a picture of those sometime." And then this morning I finally did. Hooray for only taking three weeks to get around to taking pictures of pretty orange mushrooms!

Macro!

More macro! I like orange. I wonder what these buggers taste like?


Ok, enough with the pretty. On with the AWESOME!


A week or two ago, the Dean staff was having lunch in the cafeteria together and Erin got herself a monstrously large banana. It was hilarious. This picture does it absolutely no justice. That thing was a beast. Michael was not sure how to feel about it.

Ah, the Dean staff hard at work on Cale's porch/office.

Holy sheiss! Did you know they make rib-flavored chips?? Well, they do in North Carolina! When payday finally gets here (IN ONE WEEK AND FOUR DAYS BUT WHO'S COUNTING?), I will be sure to get myself a bag and report on the results.

Did you know they also make instant grits with bacon and ham already inside??? What is this place? HEAVEN?

And sweet Jeebus and angels singing, somebody has made espresso-infused vodka. You guys. One week and four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment