6.25.2010

Brevard: Day Sixteen

Outsourced Facebook Status No. 4815162342:

Ysabel Sarte kiiiiinda feels bad about missing tonight's opening concert, but has been working since 8am this morning registering the High School division bebbies (accompanied by the very occasional overbearing, rude mother hen), capped off by a quasi-surprise trip to the Asheville airport during dinner time (blargh!) to pick up four late-arriving students, which then involved figuring out Tetris-style how to fit five humans, four sets of luggage, two backpacks, a cello and a violin into one seven-passenger minivan (success!), AND as the cherry on top, took a nice little tumble down a wooden staircase made slick by the afternoon rain which then turned my white cardigan sweater into a muddy mess.

Instead, I'm going to sit here in French Quarter ALL BY MYSELF YESGODDAMNIT, which I just finished cleaning and reorganizing in a sudden OCD fit (you never know when those things will hit) and enjoy my first and only meal of the day with my precioussss interwebs and a bit of solitude.

So I'm okay with missing tonight's concert after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment