6.11.2010

Brevard: Day Two

OMG I found some interwebz! Day Two is going splendidly. So far it is just me, Dan and our boss, Cale, (the Dean of Students). Officially, we are "training." Unofficially, we are sitting on Cale's porch, trading music war stories, sharing meals and occasionally talking about work. The first students (the opera company) don't actually show up for another two or three days and then the RAs and bulk of the students show up a couple of days after that. So for now, we are just getting a lay of the land and getting things prepared for other humans to show up to campus.

In other news, my bowels have not had any movement since I left Dallas. Also, I had no hot water in my cabin (a matter which is currently being attended to by the savvy maintenance crew) for my shower this morning. Long story short, I began hyperventilating while trying to dunk my head under the frozen spray of water and quite literally started choking on my own breath. It was FUN. But at least I got to bathe my head and roughly 75% of my arms before I finally gave up and jumped out.

Oh, and by the way. It is HUMID as an elephant's taint (Is that a saying? I just made it up.) here.

ALSO: Hey guess what? I'm teaching Music Theory I, two sections of Ear Training I and Intro to Music Lit (for non-majors BARF) this fall. Hooray?

No comments:

Post a Comment